INDMAR MARINE ENGINES LIMITED PRODUCT ENGINE WARRANTY
lndmar Marine Engines, 5400 Old Millington Road, Millington, Tennessee 38053 (“lndmar”), warrants that its marine propulsion engine and the parts related thereto (collectively, “Product”) are free from material defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service during the applicable warranty period as set forth herein.
lndmar shall replace or repair any defect in material or workmanship relating to the Product under the terms and conditions of this Limited Product Warranty. Normal wear and maintenance Items such as impellers, filters, anodes and spark plugs are excluded from the lndmar Limited Product Warranty unless a replacement is required due to a defect in material or workmanship or are specifically covered under the emissions warranty statement. If a Product or defective part thereof is, upon examination by lndmar, determined by lndmar to be defective, lndmar shall repair, or at its sole option, provide either a new or rebuilt replacement of equivalent quality. lndmar shall have the sole discretion to determine whether the replacement if provided, shall be a new or rebuilt replacement. Indmar’s sole obligation under this Limited Product Warranty is limited only to the foregoing obligations as stated herein.
This Limited Product Warranty is extended only to the original retail purchaser of a boat or the original lessor, in the case of a leased boat, in which a Product has been installed pursuant to Indmar’s approval or authority (“Customer”). In the event that the product Is used in conjunction with a demonstrator or boat show display, the warranty begins from the earlier date of delivery to the retail purchaser or such time as the boat installed with the lndmar product attains more than 50 hours of use regardless of the source of such use (does not apply in the state of California). If the boat is sold or traded prior to the end of the applicable warranty period set forth herein, the remainder of the applicable warranty period is transferable to the second owner or second lessor (also referred to herein as “Customer” provided that all of the requirements for a valid transfer as set forth in this Limited Product Warranty are satisfied. No transfer of any rights by any Customer shall be deemed valid or effective unless and until approved in writing by lndmar. Warranties of any nature to any person other than those described herein are specifically excluded.
In addition to, and without in any way limiting, any exclusion set forth elsewhere in this Limited Product Warranty, this Limited Product Warranty shall not apply to the following items:
- Shop supplies used in performing work pursuant to this Limited Product Warranty, including, but not limited to, rags, sealants and
- Incidental and consequential damages, including, but not limited to, storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience or loss of time or income.
- Loose nuts, bolts, clamps or other Indmar installed fasteners after 100 hours of operation or 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Minor adjustments and tune-ups, including, but not limited to, checking, cleaning or adjusting spark plugs, filters, belts, controls and checking lubrication.
- Water pump impellers, water hoses, cooling system anodes, or any component determined solely by lndmar to be damaged due to normal wear, lack of maintenance or abuse such as operating without cooling water or ingesting
- Product failure as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by neglect, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operation, improper installation, improper preparation, improper winterization, improper dealer set-up, improper service or normal wear and
- Haul-out, launch, and towing
- Cost and expense incurred that relate to the removal and/or replacement of boat partitions, seating, or material due to boat design for necessary access to the Product.
- Transportation charges and travel time incurred by the dealer to fulfill any of its obligations pursuant to this Limited Product
- Service or work to the Product as requested by the Customer that is as determined solely by lndmar to be beyond the scope of this Limited Product
- Oil, lubricants or fluids used for the normal maintenance of the
- Defects to the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by or due to participation in or preparing for racing or other competitive activity.
- Defects to the starter motor, armatures or field coil assembly of the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by excessive cranking, condensation or
- Defects to the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by water entering the Product via the intake or exhaust system or submersion or exposure. Defects to the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by the use of fuels and lubricants that are not suitable for use with or on the Product or its fuel system components that was damaged or rendered inoperable from stale
- Defects to the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by the lack of cooling water resulting from the motor being started out of water or foreign materials blocking intake
- Defects to the Product as determined solely by lndmar to be caused by servicing errors made by the Customer or by any servicing dealer/mechanic not approved or authorized by
- Product warranty claims that lndmar in its sole opinion determines are not due or traceable to material defects in material or workmanship of the product.
Inspection and Testing of Product. Certain parts of the Product may be tested upon receipt by lndmar. Such parts found to be free of defects will be returned to the dealer and no credit will be issued. Lndmar reserves the right to retrieve run time/run condition data from a Product’s Electric Control Module prior to granting any warranty coverage on the Product under this Limited Product Warranty.
Warranty coverage shall be provided only for the periods of time hereinafter set forth:
a. For product installed in boats manufactured by a manufacturer approved by lndmar (OEM):
All 2.3L and 6.2L Indmar Marine Engines
A period of sixty (60) months or 600 hours, whichever comes first, commencing from the date of purchase, in the case of non-commercial use.
- A period of sixty (60) months or 600 hours, whichever comes first, commencing from the lease date if the lease is for private use and is for a time period of not less than two (2) years; or
- A period of twelve (12) months commencing from the date of purchase or lease inception or 240 hours of Product use, whichever sooner occurs, in the case of commercial use.
b. For repowers (defined as engines purchased for replacement) or the installation of the Product in boats by a manufacturer not approved or authorized by lndmar:
- A period of twelve (12) months commencing from the date of purchase or 240 hours of Product use, whichever sooner occurs, in the case of non-commercial use; or
- A period of twelve (12) months commencing from the date of purchase or 240 hours of Product use, whichever sooner occurs, in the case of commercial use.
Specific emissions components are covered by the Emissions Warranty for a period of thirty-six (36) months commencing from the date of purchase or 480 hours of product use, whichever sooner occurs, in the case of commercial or repower use.
The repair or replacement of parts or the performance of service under this Limited Product Warranty does not extend the applicable period of this warranty beyond its original expiration date as set forth herein.
Within 1O days from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser of the Product or the beginning date of lease period, the Selling Dealer shall register the Product online by visiting the lndmar Dealer Portal http://dealers.indmar.com In addition to other requirements set forth herein, no warranty claim will be honored without the successful online registration of the Product. In the case of a leased boat, a copy of the lease contract showing the length of the lease must be delivered to lndmar.
In the case of a warranty transfer to a second owner or lessor, the new owner/lessor’s information along with the appropriate payment must be sent to lndmar by an authorized lndmar dealer within 1O days of the transfer. No transfer shall be effective or valid unless and until approved by lndmar in its sole discretion.
In the case of a warranty transfer relating to a leased boat, a copy of the lease contract showing the length of the lease must also be submitted to lndmar by an authorized lndmar dealer along with the appropriate payment. For warranty claims to be asserted hereunder, the Product or defective part thereof, together with a written notice of itemized defects must be returned to the retailer from whom the Product was purchased or to any other convenient lndmar authorized dealer.
To obtain the location of an authorized lndmar dealer or service center in your area, visit the dealer locator at https://www.indmar.com/dealer-locator/. In the event that the local authorized lndmar dealer is unable to remedy a warranted defect in the Product, the Product or defective part thereof, together with a written notice of itemized defects, must be delivered to lndmar at 5400 Old Millington Road, Millington, Tennessee 38053 with any and all freight and insurance charges prepaid. All insurance and freight charges and return charges incurred by lndmar for delivery of the Product (or its new or rebuilt replacement) to the retail purchaser or lessor shall be paid by such purchaser or lessor. The Customer shall be solely responsible for any and all labor expenses related to the repair or replacement of a Product pursuant to this Limited Product Warranty that exceed the specified services rates of lndmar in effect at the date of purchase or lease. A schedule of service rates of lndmar may be obtained from any authorized lndmar dealer.
Indmar makes no warranty of any character with respect to any and all trade accessories not manufactured by Indmar.
VOIDING THE WARRANTY
In addition to any requirement set forth in this Limited Product Warranty not being met or satisfied, this Limited Product Warranty shall become void and shall not apply under the following conditions or circumstances:
- When the Product or any part thereof is subject to accident, alteration, modifications, abuse, misuse, neglect or improper maintenance and lndmar in its sole discretion determines the same;
- When the Product is serviced by any individual or entity not authorized or approved by lndmar; or
- When damage to the Product results from cases not arising from defects in material and/or workmanship and lndmar in its sole discretion determines the same
Any notice to lndmar set forth pursuant to this Limited Product Warranty shall be delivered to the following address:
Indmar Marine Engines
5400 Old Millington Road
Millington, Tennessee 38053
The warranty stated above is a limited warranty and it is the only warranty made by Indmar Marine Engines. Indmar does not make any other warranties express or implied. There are expressly excluded all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Indmar shall have no liability with respect to its obligations under this limited warranty or otherwise for consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages, the stated express limited warranty is in lieu of all liabilities or obligations of Indmar for damages arising out of or in connection with the development, delivery, use or performance of the product. In any event, the liability of Indmar for any reason and upon any cause of action whatsoever shall be limited to the amount then previously paid for the product by the customer.
Indmar does not authorize any person, employee, agent, representative or entity to alter any of the terms and conditions of this limited product warranty or create any other obligation relating to the product. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Notice to California customers: California customers must directly notify Indmar Marine Engines in writing if the product does not conform to applicable warranties and (a) the non-conformity is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury and has been subject to repair two (2) or more times, and/or (b)the non-conformity has been subject to repair four (4) or more times. California customers are hereby notified to the following provisions of California law: CAL. civil code § 1793.22 and CAL. Civil code § 1793.2(d). Complete copies of these code sections are available upon request.
INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
In addition to the limited warranty statement, the following limitations apply to products sold outside of the United States and Canada.
lndmar is not responsible for any lndmar Marine Engine Package:
- Sold through an unauthorized dealer or OEM
- Installed by an unauthorized dealer or OEM
- Imported into the country by an individual or unauthorized OEM or dealer
- That has not been properly serviced and maintained as stated in the lndmar Operator’s Manual
- Customs charges, import duties, taxes and VAT on warranty replacement parts
INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY PROCEDURES
lndmar is excited to expand internationally with our boat builder partners and continually stands behind and supports its power packages that are sold outside the United States and Canada. To provide this support, lndmar Marine Engines would like to ask international customers to help us provide the best quality customer service by adhering to all responsibilities that our North American owners comply with as outlined in this warranty. This, in addition to understanding the importance of service and maintenance through an authorized lndmar dealer or OEM, will help ensure that you the owner will receive the best quality workmanship and care of your new lndmar power package.